|KOHLER, Wis. – April 26, 2011 – The apron-front design is one of the classic kitchen sink shapes that has stood the test of time and appeals to many homeowners because of the practical large single basin and the attractive appearance. The challenge has usually been installation, which often required replacing not only the countertop, but also cabinetry. With the new KOHLER Whitehaven Self-Trimming apron-front kitchen sink, set-up is but a cinch compared to standard apron-front installations. |
The Whitehaven offers two apron options: The first is a conventional 9-inch apron, which requires an apron-front sink base cabinet. The second option is a 7-inch apron, which is ideal for homeowners who like to achieve a farmhouse look without replacing their cabinetry. The sink is still 9 inches deep, but the apron is shortened to fit a standard sink base cabinet.
With its neutral but elegant design, the Whitehaven sink is designed to blend into any kitchen décor. Made of durable KOHLER Enameled Cast Iron, it will provide a family home with years of carefree use for everyday tasks and family celebrations.
• The self-trimming apron only requires a rough cut to the cabinet for installation. The Whitehaven sink installs perfectly with a predictable fit and finish. No additional trim work or caulking to fill cut lines is necessary.
• The apron’s size is optimized to fit cabinet doors of standard-sized apron-front cabinetry.
• Precise sink sizes mean cabinetry can be ordered at the same time as the sink – no need to wait for the sink to build a custom cabinet.
• The basin is 9 inches deep to provide ample space for big pots and pans.
• Tall 9-inch, as well as short 7-inch apron for retrofit installation even in existing cabinetry, are available.
• Kohler Enameled Cast Iron will last for generations and is guaranteed not to chip, crack or burn.
• Available in 16 different colors to create a personalized focal point in the kitchen.
• Kohler Cast Iron is crafted of at least 80% recycled materials.
• Enameled Cast Iron has a smooth, non-porous surface, which makes it very easy to clean.
• 2-degree slope in basin directs water flow toward the drain and prevents pooling.
• Offset drain placement maximizes basin surface and storage space inside the kitchen sink cabinet.
• The apron protrudes slightly and protects the cabinet from water damage.
• MSRP: $990
KOHLER Cast Iron sinks installed in North America carry a lifetime limited warranty for as long as the original purchaser owns his or her home. For complete warratny information visit kohler.com.
• To obtain high-resolution photography of these products, please visit the Photo Library in the KOHLER.com Press Room.
• For interviews on the Wheatland and Lawnfield Cast Iron kitchen sinks, please contact Mirjam Lippuner to set up an interview with Michele Meierhofer, senior product manager Kohler Kitchen Sinks.
Founded in 1873 and headquartered in Kohler, Wis., Kohler Co. is one of America’s oldest and largest privately held companies. Kohler is a global leader in the manufacture of kitchen and bath products, engines and power generation systems, tile and home interiors, and an international host to award-winning hospitality and world-class golf destinations.